|St. Croix Lutheran High School Chapel is located prominently in front of the 1950’s designed school to indicate the religious significance of the school. The chapel exudes symbolism from the three shields at the building’s front exterior to the copper material in which it is sheathed. The aging copper represents life, which changes over time just as the patina changes. Seating over 500, the chapel’s various seating arrangements accommodate the dynamic needs of the school. Canted windows, tilted ceiling panels and sloped projection screen walls all contribute to the excellent acoustics. The custom baptismal font, altar, lectern, cross, and candelabras complete the space and complement the architecture.
2006 - AIA Minnesota Honor Award
2006 - Visual Arts Award: Sacred Symbols and Architecture
2005 - Faith and Form Religious Art and Architecture Design Award
St. Croix Chapel
Completion Date: January 2005
Building Size: 6,400 s.f.